- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail regarding accounting skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Significant experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Technically creative and open-minded
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role
- Experience with complex e-commerce solutions
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with IoT platforms
- Experience with AWS & Azure
- Experience with Salesforce